Saturday, August 21, 2010

How To Be Green While Making Green

This morning I was sipping my coffee and working online when something struck me. My company is doing it's dead level best to produce GREEN products that are friendly to the environment. In fact, many corporations now are seeing the damage done to the planet by our excessive use of chemicals and products that are not biodegradable. It's a common fact, if we continue to use up the environment, someday it will have to fight back.

So, anyway........I'm sitting here in my undies and working while the dog sleeps on the sofa next to me. All of the sudden it dawns on me how working at home has caused me to be GREEN with little to no effort. By working from home I am GREEN because I:

1. Do not have to do laundry so often since I am not in an office every day. That means that I save money on clothes that I would not ordinarily have to wear. In addition, it means that I do less laundry which uses energy, water, and chemical detergents often sold in non-biodegradable plastics or paper.

2. I burn less gas in my vehicle since I am not out on the road everyday. That means less carbon monoxide in the air from my engine. It means less oil and other fluids needed to make the vehicle run properly.

3. It means that I am not generating mounds of paperwork, memo's and etc. that I would working in an office that depletes our natural woodlands.......we all know the devestation that brings to the air and the animal kingdom.

These are just a few of the things that changed when I started working from home, I wonder how many more I could think of if I really tried.

Have you considered moving your office into your home? Starting your own home based business? GREEN is just one more reason to give it some serious thought.

2 comments: