Friday, August 20, 2010

When It Just Does Not Seem To Be Working

So, I have been in my business going on two years now and I have hit a slump. I admit, the media keeps telling us the economy is bad and that folks have not spent what they would normally spend this summer. Taking that into account, I can honestly tell you that, for me, right now it is just not working. So then what are my alternatives?

Well, the obvious alternative is to just fold it in like so many other businesses have and call it quits. I would be fully justified having invested so much time, money, and energy into it with nothing to show at the present.

The other alternative is to keep plugging on and see what happens. Economies change, people change spending habits, and you can go from the bottom to the top in a matter of weeks or even days.

I am sure that we have all felt this way at times. Life interrupts us and throws us off our game. It's during these times that our resolve is tested and we show ourselves what we are truly made of. As I write this I look around me and see very little promise for my business. If that is what I focus on, then I will have succeded in failure and will follow the first alternative.

However, I can use some of the same reasons to quit to stand my ground and perservere. The best reasons to keep pressing forward are the facts that I have invested so much time, money and energy into this business. I believe in the product and the company that I represent. I believe in myself and my desire to achieve financial independence. Seriously, "What if I could achieve financial freedom?"

Returning to an office or a factory line or a cash register is not an option for me. I have seen the potential in what I do and so those investments were in myself, not just my business. So, I will keep plugging along. I will keep struggling for excellence, and I will win. I will get my mind focused and set for success. Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment